What I read, sites I recommend, people I like
S&M Fiction, Erotica and Reference
- Macho Sluts, Public Sex, and Speaking Sex to Power: The Politics of Queer Sex by Patrick Califia
- My Gender Workbook by Kate Bornstein
- Consensual SM by Sybil Holiday
- Screw the Roses, Give Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Philip Miller and Molly Devon
- Different Loving: The World of Sexual Dominance and Submission by Gloria Brame, William Brame and Jon Jacobs
- Anything written or edited by Violet Blue, San Francisco-based sex and technology writer
- Male Lust: Pleasure, Power and Transformation edited by Kerwin Kay, Jill Nagle and Baruch Gould
Gender, Feminist Politics, The Industry
- Whores and Other Feminists edited by Jill Nagle
- Live Sex Acts by Wendy Chapkis
- Global Sex Workers edited by Kamala Kempadoo and Jo Doezema
- A Vindication of the Rights of Whores edited by Gail Pheterson
- Skin: Talking About Sex, Class & Literature and Trash by Dorothy Allison
- Women, Culture & Politics by Angela Y. Davis
- Yearning: race, gender and cultural politics by bell hooks
- The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
- Orientalism by Edward Said
Auto/biographies, Memoirs, Journals
- The Collected Diaries of Anais Nin
- The Adderall Diares by Stephen Elliott
- The Orton Diaries by Joe Orton
- In Light of India by Octavio Paz
- The Jaguar Smile by Salman Rushdie
- Fidel & Religion by Frei Betto
- Assata by Assata Shakur
- Dust Tracks on a Road by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Lover by Marguerite Duras
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- The White Hotel by D.M. Thomas
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale
- House of Incest by Anais Nin
- Midnight´s Children by Salman Rushdie
- The Passion by Jeanette Winterson
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Last Exit to Brooklyn by Herbert Selby Jr.
SM Resources on the Internet
- Society of Janus - The website of this San Francisco-based SM organization features outstanding links and information for players of all experience levels. Highly recommended for new players looking to build a vocabulary, as well as kinksters who want to connect with a community.
- The Euilenspiegel Society - The oldest based leather organization in the US, this NYC-based organization hosts an informative site with great links and community resources for those on the East Coast.
- Good Vibrations The on-line home of my favorite, co-operatively owned erotic boutique. A fantastic place for on-line book and toy shopping.
- Toys in Babeland The on-line home of Seattle and New York´s premiere erotic boutique. Women owned and operated!
- Kink Aware Professionals A fantastic site for finding a kink friendly psychotherapist, social worker, pastor, doctor, chiropractor, acupuncturist, massage therapist, lawyer, accountant or computer professional! Features international listings.
These are the women who use Maison de la Maîtresse. I enjoy playing with all of them, and highly recommend them as individuals.
In New York City, I can't speak highly enough about the whip-smart, beautiful, and talented Mistress Troy Orleans. Her studio is my favorite place to play in the City.
In Chicago, I simply adore Mistress Crimson's intelligence and wicked charm.